Solutions for the oil & gas industry
Vallourec is a world leader in premium tubular solutions for oil and gas.
Vallourec designs and develops a comprehensive range of solutions for the oil and gas industry. Known as VAM® Global Solutions, this offer provides premium products and solutions "from mill to well" customized to meet the needs of oil company customers.
Main Vallourec products
- Tubes and accessories for drill strings: drill pipes, drill collars, heavy-weight drill pipes
- Tubes for well equipment (called OCTG, or Oil Country Tubular Goods): casing and tubing
- Standard (API) or premium connections applied by threading tubes and accessories, especially the company’s line of VAM® and Atlas Bradford® premium joints;
- Underwater line-pipe for transporting oil and gas from wellheads to the surface (risers) or dry land (special line-pipes).
- Design and development of custom products - production and integration of accessories
- Supply chain management - on-site services (preparation, inspection, repair)
- training of oil company engineering teams and product support.
Vallourec is recognised worldwide for its expertise in extreme operating conditions: deep wells, corrosive environments, deviated or horizontal wells, high temperatures, high pressure, offshore drilling. The VAM® family of joints is now the best-selling premium brand in the world and VAM® Drilling ranks No. 2 worldwide in the drill pipe market.
What are our tubes used for?
The new VAM® HTF (High Torque Flush) premium connection is particularly suitable for use in so-called deviated oil wells, thanks to its remarkable torque strength. It was first installed in September 2008, in an onshore well in Texas operated by Devon Energy.