Vallourec University is a global training program for Vallourec employees, around the world. It is a center of excellence where 2,500 managers and 400 front line staff can learn, share and develop their capacities for e.g. creativity, innovation and customer service.
The objectives are to:
- ensure a common understanding of the values of Vallourec and corporate culture;
- foster strategic, managerial and technical excellence to develop the Group's competitive advantage.
A learning center based on 4 major pillars
Through virtual classrooms, sessions on-sites or at Group headquarters, Vallourec University offers a customized variety of training courses. Each key pillar of the Vallourec University's strategy ensures to develop the skills of the Group entire workforce:
- Vallourec Core leadership: deals with specific difficulties experienced in terms of management, leadership and facing business challenges
- Training upon demand: focuses on what's most important for Vallourec today: Intercultural Training, Project Management, Public Speaking and Finance for non-specialists.
- Functional training: aims at improving practical skills and techniques for each job "family".
- Operational Excellence training: provides the Group's core processes and priorities, technologies and guidelines, which contribute to the development of a unified corporate culture.
The future of Vallourec University
Over the next few years, the University will continue to develop an array of new courses. It will also incorporate think tanks to allow vibrant exchanges between Group managers and external experts.